"Sleigh bells ring
Are you listening
In the lane
Snow is glistening
A beautiful sight
We're happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland"
Over the holiday break we decided to venture out of the city and head into the Sierra Mountains in Tahoe. I have been dreaming of going into a "winter wonderland" for months and we were so lucky to arrive just the right time. The scene was so beautiful, the snow had just fallen and for miles everything was covered in fresh powder. I grabbed my thrifted (and faux!) fur coat and headed out to frolic and make snow angels!
My Holiday Bucket List
The month of December has been crazy busy! Not only have there been tons of holiday events, but I also work and go to school (insert stressed out emoji here). Now that finals are over and I am officially on winter break, I feel like I can just throw myself into the holiday spirit. Here are my top ten ways to celebrate the season:
1. Rockin around the Christmas tree - Last weekend we went with my folks to pick out and a tree to decorate. The atmosphere felt so perfectly Christmas, we had the Christmas music playing, lights twinkling and eggnog pouring. I had so much fun unpacking ornaments from my childhood, such great family traditions.
2. No gifts, but lots of merriment - We aren't scrooges, I promise! In this upcoming year we've got some bigs trips and plans. In order to keep saving up we aren't spending on gifts, rather we are spending quality time with friends and family.
3. Visit rescue kittens and puppies - During the holidays, the Macy's in Union Square partners with the SF SPCA to bring awareness to animal rescue and help find loving homes for shelter animals. You can visit these little cuties (and adopt or donate to the cause) at the holiday window displays at Macy's on O'Farrell Street.
4. Build a gingerbread house - Since we have family with little ones visiting, we are planning kid-friendly holiday activities. But to be honest, I think I am more excited about building the gingerbread house than they are!
5. Enjoy all the holiday twinkle lights - We are so lucky to live right in the middle of downtown San Francisco because I get to enjoy so many gorgeous light displays everyday when I leave the house. Union Square has a huge christmas tree and the streets are twinkling and all aglow.
6. Snow day - As you can see from the photos in this post, we had a magical time enjoying the snow up in Tahoe. It's been years since I have played in the snow and enjoyed a "winter wonderland."
7. Jingle all the way - Our whole drive up to Tahoe we had an aweosme Christmas playlist. We sang along to holiday classics like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Brenda Lee.
8. Christmas movies - Last Christmas we went to San Diego to visit my boyfriend's family and unfortunately I was suffering from a terrible cold. But it actually worked out well because we got to curl on the couch and watch classic holiday movies like It's a Wonderful Life.
9. Head-to-toe sequins - I feel like during the holidays you get a free pass to walk around like a shiny disco ball everyday until new years. I have been taking full advantage of this as evident in my snow day ensemble ;)
10. Design a Christmas card - Sign up for my blog newsletter to receive a lovely little holiday greeting featuring my doggie Holly. See sign-up form below!
See more California adventures:
COPYRIGHT: THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ 2014-2017 GENNIFER ROSE. ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPY HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AUTHORS. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.