Summers Days at Coronado Beach
When I first moved to San Diego so many people told me: "You have to go visit Coronado Beach!". There was so much buzz about this spot and when I checked it out in person I understood why. In 2012 this beach was named number one of all the beaches in the United States!
The beach is maintained by the prestigious Hotel del Coronado and has an old world charm. When my friend visited she said it felt very much like the Hamptons, which is a great way to describe it. The best part is that the beach is open to the public, so you don't have to be a hotel guest to enjoy it. You can even order cocktails at the bar and sip a margarita on the beach!
Top 10 San Diego Beaches
Make your summers amazing and take a tour of the best beaches in San Diego!
1. Coronado Beach - As you can see from the photos in this blog post, it's a picturesque beach scene. The sand is so fine and soft, and literally sparkles with mica.
3. La Jolla Cove - San Diego's most desirable spot for kayaking, snorkeling and diving. Don't forget to check out the caves!
4. Carlsbad State Beach - Plan a summer camping trip and wake up every morning to the sound of ocean waves. Make your reservations at the Carlsbad campgrounds.
5. Sunset Cliffs Natural Park - Head over to Ladera Street and watch one of those famous San Diego sunsets from an awesome vantage point on the rocks.
6. Moonlight State Beach - The most frequented beach in Encinitas, a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
7. Mission Bay Park - Play along the shoreline with your furry buddy on the dog friendly beaches at Mission Bay.
8. Torrey Pines State Beach - Watch the paragliders take off and soar through the sky.
9. Scripps Beach - You've surely seen photos of the stunning Scripps Pier, a photographer favorite.
10. Children's Pool - I did some research into why this area in La Jolla is named Children's Pool. As it turns out back in the 1930's a sea wall was built to create an ideal swimming pool for children. Well this also turned out to be the ideal area for seals to migrate and have their babies. Over the years the seals completely took over the area and now Children's Pool is a prime seal viewing destination. See photos from our day at the Children's Pool.
See more San Diego:
COPYRIGHT: THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ 2014-2017 GENNIFER ROSE. ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPY HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AUTHORS. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.