Definition of Galentine's Day (courtesy of Urban Dictionary): February 13th, the other half of valentine's day, when you celebrate your love for your lady friends!
Whether you're in a relationship or not, Galentine's Day is a special holiday to celebrate your friendships. It's all about spending quality time being fancy schmancy just for the hell of it. Never discount the value of putting on a party dress, doing your hair and makeup and heading out on the town. Galentine's Day is the one day of the year where your inner girly girl gets to run wild with pink and glitter everything. Need I say more?!
Allow me to introduce my gorgeous San Francisco blogger girl gang who are forever my Galentine's! I've know these ladies for years and they make my drive from Sacramento to San Francisco all worth it. First we have Kara of Whimsy Soul, Justina of Just in a City, Zoha of Posh to Ganache and Brianna of Design by Brianna. #squadgoals
Girl Gang Dates Ideas
1. Picnic in the park - For our Galentine's Day date we decided to head to Crissy Field in San Francisco to enjoy a relaxing picnic with stunning Golden Gate Bridge views. We love to dress up for each other so it's not unusual to find us all sporting frilly duds while we sip bubbly.
2. Fancy dinner party - Another excellent reason to get dressed up in your finest! Make plans to eat culinary creations with fine china and crisp white linens.
3. Netflix and wine night - I have to admit, these are some of my favorite types of nights with the girl gang. I am usually a morning person which means that when the nighttime rolls around my energy can be drained. Some comfy clothes, hair in a bun, nom nom snacks and a good chick flick can be just what you need to end your week on a high note.
4. Hiking in the great outdoors - Any activity where I can include my dog is a win win for me! Go for a group hike and catch some fresh air, burn some calories and take in scenic views at the top of the mountain.
5. Beauty spa day - We all love to get pampered and let's face it, nothing feels better than freshly manicured nails. Book a day spa retreat and just let the relaxation vibes wash over you. And then go eat a good meal!
6. Shopping spree - I love to thrift shop and it can be even more fun as a group. Everyone is gonna find some awesome gems and then it's time for a fashion show in the fitting room!
7. Brunch date - When living in California, weekend brunching is a like a sport. We take our brunch dates very seriously with only the best locations (which must serve avocado toast and matcha latte!).
8. Girls getaway - "Sometimes you just gotta get away with the girls" - Carrie Bradshaw. If your regular routine has become dull and monotonous, maybe it's time to escape with the girls for a weekend of shenanigans.
9. Throw a Galentine's Day party - I've seen this trending all over Pinterest so clearly it's a thing. Put your party hosting skills to work and plan the ultimate girly bash complete with fun photo booth for all those Instagram pics.
10. Wine tasting - We're so lucky to be living close to Napa and it's easy for us to jump in the car for a day trip into wine country. Check out one of our Napa wine trips here!
COPYRIGHT: THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ 2014-2019 GENNIFER ROSE. ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPY HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AUTHORS. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS.