Oh hello October! This month is definitely a crowd favorite and it's no secret why. You can clearly begin to feel the seasons changing and there's so many special events that are just perfect for October. We love all the pumpkins, feeling cozy in sweaters, dressing up like ghouls, indulging in sweet treats, there's so much to get excited about!
My Top 10 Best Ways to Enjoy October
1. No Tricks, Just Sweet Treats! - I'm always in my kitchen cooking, but I haven't actually baked in a long time. When the team at Real California Milk said I could whip anything I wanted from their fresh Cali products, I immediately knew I wanted to make Halloween cookies.
2. Hot Tea - One of my favorite chilly weather rituals is sipping a hot cup of chai tea in my favorite mug. It gives me those happy warm and cozy vibes with nostalgia of my favorite autumn memories.
3. Watch My Favorite Not-So-Scary Movies - Although I am a grown woman, I cannot handle watching real horror movies. It will literally make the scared of the dark. My kind of Halloween movies include The Adams Family, Hocus Pocus, and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
5. Eat Pumpkin Flavored Everything - I've got a whole Pinterest board for this one too. Over 100 pumpkin recipes that are both sweet and savory. Pumpkin soup please!
8. Make Homemade Baked Apples - After our day of apple picking we had a ton of apples to eat up. So obviously I made a Pinterest board filled with all types of apple recipes. It's got all the classics like apple pie, but then some fun new ones like butternut squash apple soup!
9. Enjoy Sweater Weather - We've had a brutally hot summer this year and I am throughly enjoying the cool crisp air in the mornings. I can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear thick chunky sweaters and boots!
10. Cozy Up with Loved Ones - After busy days at the pumpkin patch and cooking away in the kitchen, my favorite late afternoon activity is curling up on the couch under a blanket with my boyfriend, baby girl Scout and my doggie. 💗
Shop my October faves:
See more autumn fun:
COPYRIGHT: THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ 2014-2019 GENNIFER ROSE. ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPY HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AUTHORS. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.