Thank you Real California Milk for sponsoring this blog post. As always, the content and opinions are all my own.
Oh hello October! This month is definitely a crowd favorite and it's no secret why. You can clearly begin to feel the seasons changing and there's so many special events that are just perfect for October. We love all the pumpkins, feeling cozy in sweaters, dressing up like ghouls, indulging in sweet treats, there's so much to get excited about!
My Top 10 Best Ways to Enjoy October
1. No Tricks, Just Sweet Treats! - I'm always in my kitchen cooking, but I haven't actually baked in a long time. When the team at Real California Milk said I could whip anything I wanted from their fresh Cali products, I immediately knew I wanted to make Halloween cookies. I headed out to my local grocery store and purchased butter featuring the Real California Milk seal.
2. Give Back - This has been a devastating year for so many people with all the natural disasters that happened. I know we are all looking for ways to help. The Great American Milk Drive will donate $5 for each Seal for Good submission (up to $20,000) to help families affected by hurricane Harvey and Irma in Texas and Florida. All you have to do is take a picture of a product featuring the Real California Milk seal and share on social media with the hashtag #SealsForGood. Make sure to tag @RealCaliforniaMilk for Facebook and @RealCalifMilk on Instagram. The time frame is until 12/31/17.
3. Watch My Favorite Not-So-Scary Movies - Although I am a grown woman, I cannot handle watching real horror movies. It will literally make the scared of the dark. My kind of Halloween movies include The Adams Family, Hocus Pocus, and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
5. Eat Pumpkin Flavored Everything - I've got a whole Pinterest board for this one too. Over 100 pumpkin recipes that are both sweet and savory. Pumpkin soup please!
8. Make Homemade Baked Apples - After our day of apple picking we had a ton of apples to eat up. So obviously I made a Pinterest board filled with all types of apple recipes. It's got all the classics like apple pie, but then some fun new ones like butternut squash apple soup!
9. Enjoy Sweater Weather - We've had a brutally hot summer this year and I am throughly enjoying the cool crisp air in the mornings. I can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear thick chunky sweaters and boots!
10. Cozy Up with Loved Ones - After busy days at the pumpkin patch and cooking away in the kitchen, my favorite late afternoon activity is curling up on the couch under a blanket with my boyfriend and my doggie. 💗
See more autumn fun:
COPYRIGHT: THIS ENTIRE SITE Ⓒ 2014-2018 GENNIFER ROSE. ALL OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPY HEREIN, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AUTHORS. NO PART OF THIS SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, MAY BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.